About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry and I am just a girl who quilts & dyes fabric. I started quilting when I was 10 and never stopped. 15 years ago I started dyeing my own fabric and it has become a true passion.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Checkers & Chocolate Lolipop

Here is my entry for the Pets on Quilts Parade that SewCalGal is hosting. Be sure to check it out and get your entry in soon! Lots of very generous sponsors!

This is Checkers. She is sitting on what is left of a beautiful quilt I made from the Chocolate Lolipop line of fabric. At one time it was much larger, until Checkers decided to chew off a large chunk of one of the corners. I guess even dogs cant resist yummy chocolate:) I was pretty miffed for a while but ultimately forgave her. I made her this little doggie bed out of what was left in hopes she would be happy with her own little quilt and quit chewing on mine!

21 comments:

  1. Lovely little doggie bed! I know it isn't funny when a dog destroys something, but your post made me smile! I love the colours of that fabric! Hey! It looks good enough to eat to me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry Rose,

    Thanks for sharing cute Checkers and his yummy chocolate bed with everyone on Facebook and via my blog's Pets on Quilt Show. Just delightful. And I love the insights on Checkers trying to eat his bed. LOL!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checkers is adorable and I love your quilt (I can see why Checkers loves it too!)


    Thanks for sharing your picture :)
    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very generous of you to forgive her, but she looks adorable on it. It's clearly her colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess with a face like that....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious!! Checkers looks so cuteeeeeeeeeeee on her designer bed!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a face!! How could you not just love her! The dog bed is so cute, the quilt must have been stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey everyone. Thanks for taking a peek at my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, she certainly looks happy with her quilt. Thanks for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a sweet baby, and how clever of her to find a way to make her favorite quilt her own

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a darling dog Checkers is. She just wants to experience the love and get her own quilt of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a winsome face -- the quilt was pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little dog Checkers is stunning! I've always liked pin-mins and Checkers is probably quite a live wire to have around. Lucky you. The quilt is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for all the very kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that Checkers has an eye for pattern!! So stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh! Checkers has great "taste" in quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The quilt is beautiful and makes a gorgeous doggy bed. Checkers just knew what she wanted and that she would look so good on it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Checker is adorable. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute quilt. How can you stay mad at those ears!
    Too cute!
    nsue21702 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anyone would love that bed. The colors are so upbeat...why would Checkers ever get off?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your fabric! The dog bed is super cute, too bad about the full size quilt - hopefully your plan works to save the rest of your creations!

    ReplyDelete

Followers